Yaesu FT-600, 650, 655, 736, 767, 850, 890, 900 Data Mode Cable
This cable is a simple way of getting into data modes with the minimum of outlay. In effect, it enables you to connect your radio directly to your PC and operate a selection of data modes. No external power supply is required. Components are of the highest quality and the unit underwent the stringent quality control and inspection standards. Simply download and install the drivers and software for the modes that you want to try, plug in this cable, and you are set.
This cable is compatible with the following Yaesu transceivers: FT-600 (System 600), FT-650, FT-655, FT-655M, FT-655S, FT-736, FT-736R, FT-767, FT-767GX, FT-767GXX, FT-767SX, FT-850, FT-890, and FT-900.
It is not recommended to use long data mode cables, therefore this cable is 100 cm long only. Please note that this cable does not provide CAT control.
• Compatible with every soundcard equipped computer.
• Works with every present or future HAM radio soundcard program.
• Properly matched audio to your radio.
• Advanced circuit design and cable shielding for RFI product suppression.
• Bidirectional transformer isolation of input and output audio signals.
• Optical isolation of PTT signal through the optocoupler.
• Positive and fully automatic PTT control supported by almost all HAM programs
• High quality and professionally designed fiberglass printed circuit board.
• High-quality factory molded connectors.
• High quality and stylish inline screwed flat box for PCB.
• No external power supply needed, great for portable or QRP installations.
• Robust and light cable, excellent for both - portable and shack use.
Input and output audio signals from the radio to the computer and vice versa are supplied through 1:1 bidirectional audio transformers for proper isolation of the circuit. Positive and fully automatic PTT control is supplied from the computer to the radio from USB port through the circuit based on the Prolific PL-2303TA USB to Serial Bridge Controller and the optocoupler for proper optical isolation between your computer and the radio. PTT control uses RTS line in the virtual COM port created after driver installation. PTT line provides +5 VDC by virtue of a corresponding voltage stabilizer implemented into the USB to Serial Bridge Controller circuit. Presently available ham radio sound card software, this cable, a radio and a computer is the easy and modern way to operate: B(Q)PSK31/63/125/250/500, PSK10, PSKFEC31, PSKAM10/31/50, PSK63F, PSK220F, MFSK8, MFSK16, MT63, THROB, Feld Hellschriber, PSK Hellschriber, FM Hellschriber, Duplo Hellschriber, Concurrent MT Hellschriber, Sequential MT Hellschriber, SSTV, HDSSTV, FAX, WEFAX, SYNOP, RTTY, AMTOR/SITOR, ASCII, PACTOR, G-TOR, HF and VHF PACKET, APRS, CCW, SSB Contest Voice Keying, FSK, WSJT FSK441, WSJT JT44, WSJT JT65, WSJT JT6M, WSJT EME Echo, CW High Speed Meteor Scatter, NAVTEX, Q15X25, DTMF, Olivia, Domino F/DF/EX, Chip 64/128, Contestia, Echo-Link and many others. As mentioned above the PTT line of this cable communicates directly with a computer through the USB port. A physical Serial Port connection is not needed since the Prolific drivers emulate a virtual Serial (COM) Port which communicates with a radio at the required TTL voltage levels.
The drivers for various operating systems are available at the Prolific website [www.prolific.com.tw]
We do not write data mode programs. We also cannot properly support software, only the author of that software can. There is a lot of data mode programs can be found on the Internet! Most of these are «freeware» or «shareware» and in many cases provide a level of performance beyond your wildest dreams!